With the closing of Youngblood Lumber in NE Minneapolis this spring (2019), we have received numerous inquiries from local woodworkers looking for a new place to get their material. We thought it would be helpful to give you the lowdown at ILP, and possibly connect you with other vendors that could meet your specific needs if we’re not the right fit.
The Setup at Industrial Lumber & Plywood
We provide materials to a variety of businesses; from smaller custom cabinet shops all the way up to larger commercial fixture companies. As a wholesaler, our focus is on larger quantity sales rather than retail sales. Because of this set up, we have a few guidelines for purchasing:
- Our yard is not set up for sorting through sheets or customers hand picking lumber.
You can give us your custom pick specs and we can pull your order (custom pick charges may apply), however due to insurance policies, we cannot allow customers to sort through material.
- You must have an account set up to get pricing or place orders.
If you own your own full time business and are looking for a new, ongoing relationship we’d love to have you fill out a COD or open credit application – please allow 3-5 days for processing.
- Minimum order amounts are in place for will calls and delivery.
We value your business, however as a wholesaler, we do not have the resources to accommodate the smaller, specialized woodworking projects.
Other Places to Find Hardwood Lumber in the Twin Cities
So where is the displaced Youngblood Lumber customer supposed to go for materials if it sounds like we wouldn’t be a good fit? Here are a few suggestions:
- Looking to sort through some dimensional lumber or veneers?
Try Woodcraft of Minneapolis in Bloomington.
- Looking to sort through exotic and domestic hardwoods or maybe some shorts or cut-offs for your specialty woodworking project?
Try Forest Products Supply in Maplewood.
- Looking for marine grade plywoods like Hydrotek or Aquatek?
Try Midwest Boat Appeal in St. Bonifacius.
We hope that this review of our set up at ILP has been helpful. Please feel free to leave a comment or suggestion. You can also contact us for any unanswered questions!